and readiness to
|Geriatric Care Management
Whenever, wherever, we´re there for you.
Our Geriatric Care Management Program offers a wealth of information and resources. Our experienced staff can perform necessary clinical assessments, develop a care plan, and connect you with the right professionals and organizations. When the family caregiver is out of town, your Certified Geriatric Care Manager acts as a surrogate and advocate, facilitating communications and shouldering some of the responsibilities for you.
Many staff members belong to the following organizations, so you can trust them to be well trained and to adhere to the highest standards:• National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers
• Society of Certified Senior Advisors
• Case Management Society of America
What can FamilyCare's comprehensive Geriatric Care Management Program do for you?• Conduct assessments with you and family members to develop a care plan for you or for your loved one
• Assist in a smooth transition between home and a retirement complex, assisted living center, or nursing home
• Serve as an objective mediator at family meetings
• Act as a liaison to families, in or out of town, by providing regular communication and alerting families to any concerns
• Offer assistance with decisions about living arrangements and placement alternatives
• Make referrals to eldercare professionals specializing in the financial, medical, or legal issues facing seniors and their families
• Provide strategies for coping with dementia
• Monitor outside contractors to protect you from fraud and to ensure requested services are provided for an appropriate cost
Click here to view video clips about how Geriatric Care Managers can help families and caregivers.
Geriatric Care Management Staff
Your Right to Choose a Provider
|Select A Service Below:
Portsmouth/Chesapeake • 757-399-9700 Virginia Beach/Norfolk • 757-673-6981
Suffolk/Smithfield • 757-925-0257 Peninsula • 757-223-9480
Home How To Use This Site About Us FAQs The Family Care Difference Services For Caregivers
For Professionals & Partners Employment Opportunities Contact Us See Brochure Resource Links Site Map